• Apgrejdovali smo forum na XenForo 2.1.1, ukoliko imate predloga vezanih za izgled ili funkcionalnost foruma, ili ukoliko naletite na neki problem, javite nam OVDE

DEFINISALI SMO PRAVILA FORUMA. Pročitajte ih, pojaviće se automatski kada krenete da čitate nešto!

Katansky [Thermaltake 2019 CaseMod Invitational Balkan Edition]

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija

Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. Here is our thread for Thermaltake 2019 CaseMod Invitational Balkan Edition. As you see from the picture above, we will work on Chernobyl like Dušan /Račke/ from Štreberi project, but with different perspective. Unlike his inspiration from the games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro series, our point of view is coming from the real events during the accident. Our goal is to make you feel like you are there, when you look at it.

Now about us. We gathered for this project because of the opportunity to represent Bulgaria in this Balkan competition. In 2015 I've started making custom water cooling in PC's and for the past 4 years I've managed to build some awesome builds - here you can see part of my work - Богдан Катански (this channel is made for my personal use, that's why it is not managed well for public exposure) - also I had been mentioned in EKWB blog, when I did my first hard tubing - Rhapsody in Purple by Desktop.bg - ekwb.com (had no cable holders back then, so the cable management is ugly, it was fixed later) Now I'm looking forward to make my first real PC mod. For this task Deyan Nikolov, a hardware enthusiast who is experienced in cutting and reshaping chassis and Teodor Tsonev, an experienced mechanical design engineer will help me do this cool project.

Here is the moment to thank Thermaltake for making the effort to do this competition happen. Also I want to thank MSI, AMD and Patriot for sponsoring. This would not be possible without your help, so I hope everyone will be satisfied at the end result of everybody's work.

I wish good luck to everyone and let the fun begin! :)

Poslednja izmena od urednika:

neSSa

Modding Guru
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
CPU & cooler:
i7 5820k + EKWB
Motherboard:
MSI X99 Mpower
RAM:
16gb HyperX Predator 2666Mhz
VGA & cooler:
SLI - Asus GTX 770 dc2 + EKWB
Display:
Dell 27" IPS
HDD:
Transcend SSD 370s 256Gb RAID0
Case:
"MasterX5" project
PSU:
Cooler Master V1000
Optical drives:
ASUS external
Mice & keyboard:
A4Tech - mouse and keyboard
Internet:
Cable
Other:
PROJEKTI: https://www.facebook.com/sspcmodding
Hi and welcome, good luck on competition! :)

neSSa

Modding Guru
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
CPU & cooler:
i7 5820k + EKWB
Motherboard:
MSI X99 Mpower
RAM:
VGA & cooler:
Display:
Dell 27" IPS
HDD:
Case:
"MasterX5" project
PSU:
Cooler Master V1000
Optical drives:
ASUS external
Mice & keyboard:
Internet:
Cable
Other:
Hi, what's up, do you have some progress? :)

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
Hi everyone! Excuse me for being away for so long. Yes we've got all the components and yes, we have good progress now.

Here you can see what we have done so far:
1. We wanted to make full water cooling loop instead of CPU only. So we had to wait for Pacific V-RTX 2070 Plus (ASUS ROG) and try to mod it. Sadly that task turned out to be impossible in the time frame we have, so we went to plan "B" adapt a CPU waterblock for MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z and here we went lucky, I had old DIY AiO kit made by Thermaltake from old project of mine. My partner Deyan was brave enough to readapt it for the GPU and you can see the beatiful result.

The AiO is Thermaltake Bigwater 760 PRO. Quite honestly I never thought that I would use it one day for modding contest made by Thermaltake. :D

Poslednja izmena:

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
2. Now I'm am thinking on the loop. Probably it will be with dual reservoirs, but final decisions will be made sometime next week. Here is how it stays now with the card and maxed out on radiators.
|

3. We have have some progress about the front. Next week we probably could post some real pictures of it. Here are two pictures of the render.

4. Our build is Chernobyl inspired so we could not do it without the Vladimir Ilyich Lenin powerplant right? Thanks to Teodor we could make it possible.

5. Next week we should be ready with modification of the pump, so expect pictures. ;)
6. We want to repaint the whole chassis, so the final weekend probably would be dedicated to that.
7. We have some radioactive surprise that I will share later, when we have everything needed. Maybe I will tease you about it soon.

So that's it for now folks. See ya in the next update.

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
So it is time for the last big update, before we finish. Here is what we have done.

1. We teared apart the case and fully repainted the chassis.

2. We repainted in concrete the PSU, the CPU block, the RAM sticks, the heatsinks of the motherboard and the GPU ofcource.

3. We repainted in yellow the side decoration plates and the USB and power button plastics.

4. We attached two reservoirs in the front and We have put wheels, so you can go anywhere and scan for elevate levels of radiation. ;)

5. We have ready the radiation sign grills, but we have some more work with the plexiglass replacement of the tempered glass in the front and the top of the case.

6. We are most excited about our Geiger counter that is modified to display data via digital clock that is using Nixeie tubes. It is using parts made back in the late 70s and early 80s. We have to thank LVA for making us a special version of their product so we can use it in our project.

Here is what we have to finish:

1. Successfully to replace the front and side tempered glass.
2. Mount on top the Nnixie clock, the Chernobyl model and a QI charger.
3. Mount the grills on the front.
4. I have to do the hard tubes and the cable management.
5. Rpaint some small details,

And here are some more photos:

Prilozi

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
Some more pictures.

Prilozi

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
Small update:

1. Our GPU is ready.
2. We have a copy of the monument of the victims from the catastrophe back then. I want to thank 3Dbgprint for the grate work they've done on this print.

Now i wonder how to paint it. Today I hope to finis work on plexiglass exterior and focus on pipe bending and final touches.

Poslednja izmena:

neSSa

Modding Guru
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
CPU & cooler:
i7 5820k + EKWB
Motherboard:
MSI X99 Mpower
RAM:
VGA & cooler:
Display:
Dell 27" IPS
HDD:
Case:
"MasterX5" project
PSU:
Cooler Master V1000
Optical drives:
ASUS external
Mice & keyboard:
Internet:
Cable
Other:
C'mon guys, do you are finish projects? :wave:

neSSa

Modding Guru
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
CPU & cooler:
i7 5820k + EKWB
Motherboard:
MSI X99 Mpower
RAM:
VGA & cooler:
Display:
Dell 27" IPS
HDD:
Case:
"MasterX5" project
PSU:
Cooler Master V1000
Optical drives:
ASUS external
Mice & keyboard:
Internet:
Cable
Other:
What happen, you are finished?

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
Yes, I finished after few problems...

Here are some pictures.

Prilozi

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
As you see, we canged the front panel with plexi and included printed fan grills made by Teodor. Also we put two reservoirs in the front and two flow indicators. All fans are changed to Riing Trio series. On top you can see a Nixi clock who shows the time, temperatures from the sensors and also what is the radiation at the moment via hand madde Geiger counter.

Inside you can see that we had to mod the GPU so we can whatercool everything. We've used for that purpose my old CPU waterblock made by Thermaltake from the Bigwater 760 Plus DIY watercooling kit . We've put in addition to the 360mm radiator also a 240mm one and a 140 mm one to utilise almost every place that we can put a radiator. On top we've decided that it is not needed because we have a 3D printed model of the Chernobyl power plant. so we had no airflow.

Also on top we have a QI charger so you can charge from the radiation that modded PC spills. Also we have a 3D model of the monument that is in memoriam about the victims from the accident.

We've put some wheels so you can go anywhere and monitor radiation levels.

After I get more professional photos, I'll update with more details.

BTW does anyone else have problem to use more than 6 RGB fittings on one cotnroller?

Prilozi

nemke

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
Odlicno odradjeno Bogdane, posebno mi se dopada dodatna elektonika, koloritet, sve je super.

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
Here are more photos, and soon I'll have my first video uploaded and ready to watch.

Prilozi

Bogdan Katansky

PCAXE Apprentice
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
Rezultat reagovanja
Moja konfiguracija
Welp, here is the final video:

If you have questions about the mod, feel free to ask. :)

Vrh